Squash Winter Salad
This hearty salad is your perfect winter recipe! Featured as our recipe of the month for January, this will appeal to everyone!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. salt
- pinch of paprika
- 1/4 cup California Blend EVOO
- 1 cup blonde-green lentils
- 4 cups cold, non-salted water
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. California Blend EVOO
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- chopped nuts and bacon(optional)
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut peeled butternut squash and sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place cubes in casserole dish and add cumin, salt, and paprika. Mix and cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes. While the squash and potatoes are baking, rinse and boil lentils in the non-salted water. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 30 min. then drain. Gently fold in all ingredients including feta and onions. Mix and add dressing. Serve at room temperature.