New England Seafood Chowder
2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into small cubes, patted dry
2 tsp. + 2 tsp., divided use, Pasolivo Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
¾ pound bacon (about 10 slices)
1 c onion, chopped
2 c seafood stock, fish stock, or if necessary chicken stock
12 oz mixed seafood – shrimp, scallops, or other
12 oz cod filets
2 c half and half
Pasolivo Basil Olive Oil
2. Mix 3 T Pasolivo Olive Oil with cubed potatoes. Place in a single layer on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with 2 tsp. Pasolivo Roasted Garlic Salt. Roast in oven 20 minute, stir. Continue to roast until potatoes are tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
3. At the same time, roast bacon on a foiled lined baking sheet in the oven. Try not to overlap the bacon. Roast 15-20 minutes or until desired crispness. The time will depend on the thickness of the bacon. Transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate to drain.
4. While potatoes and bacon are roasting, add 2 tsp. Pasolivo Olive Oil to pan.
5. When warm, add chopped onion and 2 tsp. Pasolivo Roasted Garlic Salt. Sauté until soft and translucent.
6. Add the roasted potatoes to the pan and the seafood stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and add seafood and fish.
7. Cook approximately 10 min or until all seafood is just done.
8. Add 2 cups half and half and heat through.
9. Taste and add pepper and salt to taste.
10. To serve, ladle into bowl, crumbed 1-2 pieces of bacon on top, drizzle with 1-2 tsp. Pasolivo Basil Olive Oil. Salt & pepper to taste.