Blackberry Pesto Pizza
• 1/4 cup pistachios, halved
• 1 garlic clove, grated on a microplane
• 1.5 oz quality parmesan cheese
• 3 cups basil leaves, plus extra for serving
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup Pasolivo Basil Olive Oil
For the ricotta mixture:
• 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
• 1 garlic clove, grated on microplane
• 1 1/2 tsp Pasolivo Lemon Olive Oil
• Pinch of salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
For the Pizza:
• 1/2 cup Pasolivo Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
• 2 Tbsp plus 3 Tbsp Pasolivo Basil Olive Oil
• 1 package store-bought pizza dough, Trader Joe's preferred
• 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup blackberries, halved lengthwise
• 1/2 cup grated low-moisture mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Follow instructions on the pizza dough package, let sit at room temperature to rest if needed. Coat dough in 2 tbsp Basil Olive Oil.
In a small saucepan, heat Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar on low. Simmer until balsamic has reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Once cooled to room temperature, add in blackberries.
Meanwhile, add pistachios, 1 grated garlic clove and 1.5 ounces parmesan to a food processor. Blend for about 1 minute. Add in basil, and a pinch of salt. Blend for about thirty seconds. With the food processor still blending, slowly pour in the 1/2 C Basil Olive Oil in a steady stream, until fully incorporated. Pour into a bowl, set aside.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, 1 grated garlic clove, Lemon Olive Oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Coat a large sheet pan in 3 tbsp Basil Olive Oil. Roll out pizza dough into a rectangular shape, carefully transport to sheet pan. Spread a thin layer of pesto on the dough. Add mozzarella, thinly sliced garlic and dollops of ricotta mixture. Using a slotted spoon, remove blackberries from the balsamic reduction and top the pizza with the berries. Drizzle pizza with the reduction, reserving half for serving. Sprinkle with parmesan and red pepper flakes. (optionial) Cook pizza in the lower third of the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the edges are brown and the cheese is bubbling.
To serve, drizzle with balsamic reduction and top with remaining basil leaves.
This sweet and savory (even a bit of spice!) combo is the perfect dish to make for a get together. Your friends will be impressed with the incredible combination of ingredients and flavors. Features homemade pesto, ricotta mixture, and blackberry balsamic drizzle with fresh blackberries.